Continuing from our previous post on “What Did Not Work in Business Development”, we hear more comments from in-house counsel about business development tactics where many fail:
7. Go to a prospect/client presentation and not getting names of all attendees;
8. Choosing the wrong medium to communicate i.e. email vs. phone;
9. Surprising client with late breaking information;
10. Lack of business etiquette – during a meeting using iPhone or Blackberry, taking calls, or being the “potted plant”, not engaging in the meeting.
11. Sending out cold call materials;
12. Not being prepared for meeting;
13. Not following up with clients at sponsored events.
Business Development Tactics
In case you missed the previous post, you can find it here.