In our workshops and seminars, we are often asked “Do you know what does not work in business development?’ Collecting quotes from successful marketing and business development professionals, found on Pages 112-113 in OWN THE ZONE include:
1. Offer to handle and manage what they already have the skills to do;
2. Relying on good results but not building the relationship;
3. Offensive or off-color humorous comment;
4. Buying a table but not showing up;
5. Sending too many people to a meeting;
6. At a meeting, talking to themselves and not with the prospect or client.
More to follow in our next column.