In offering proposals for new client work, we often need to overcome objections. In a recent conversation with Rick Justus, CEO of 36ixty, he outlined 7 ways to overcome negative reactions to your business development proposals:
* Choose your words carefully;
* Avoid talking about costs and fees too soon;
* Ask if money was not the issue, would we be selected?
* Do you see the value of our solution?
* Sustain a peer relationships;
* Don’t lower the proposed fee without changing the deliverables;
* Be certain you are dealing with the economic decision maker.
Having a client or prospect adapt your values to their needs is one of the best way to build new business.